Friday, October 17, 2008

What do you say....

When you've got mucha nothin' to say?

Ah well, let's give it a try anyway. It's been a while.

First of all, it's been an interesting year for those following the Kimkins saga. We've just passed the first anniversary of the filing of the lawsuit against Heidi Diaz for fraud. She recently filed a countersuit that has been commented on in several of my friend's blogs in the Anti-KK blogosphere.

My personal dieting journey hasn't been real successful by some standards, but at least I got my labs back this week that show that I seem to be avoiding Type II Diabetes - can I hear an AMEN?! My metabolic resistance is resisting arrest, sad to say.

I haven't lost any more weight, but at least I haven't gained any back, either. This is going on record as the world's longest low carb stall in history. I can thank all the yo-yo starvation dieting I've done since I was about 14 for this, apparently. Kimkins was the icing on the cake, but I know time and good healthy habits and eating will heal my broken metabolism.

I'm now following Dr. William Davis' HeartScan blog and trying to incorporate some of his nutritional and supplement advice. I'm going to be adding a lot more fish oil, start back on niacin therapy, and upping my Vitamin D3 and get some more testing done next week.

On a sad note, Jimmy Moore's brother Kevin passed on this week. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this sad time.

I'm going to be hooking up this evening with some buds from Low Carb Friends forum for dinner. That should be fun. If I don't forget my camera, I may even have some photos to post soon.

That's all for now. (told ya!)

2 comments:

Mayberryfan said...

I can totally empathize with your long stall! Congrats on your good medical news and hopefully the new things you're trying will get your weight heading downward again!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mayberryfan! I think I have finally got myself a doctor who gets the whole thing right, too. See my new post today.