Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm....."

Holy Toledo!!
Yesterday and today have been very eye-opening days for me, information wise, in the world of internet low carb lifestyles. I mean, I knew there were various plans out there and there is no such thing as a One Size Fits All type of low carb WOE. But - YIKES - the drama! The accusations, the vitriol!

Yesterday, I read with considerable dismay about the attacks on Jimmy Moore(http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/) with regard to his support of the Kimkins diet. I began to search for more information. The more I looked, the uglier it got.

Just a few examples:

Slamboard - Kimkins Diet {ok...this one freaks me out =8-O
The Storm over Kimmer/Kimkins Diet Episode 69
Cleochatra's Blog (July 16)

I refuse (at this moment) to take sides. I just don't know enough to have what I consider a truly informed opinion. Yes, I'm still enrolled at the Kimkins site. I also now belong to several other low-carb discussion forums. I'm reading about a book a day on the topic; just about anything I can get my hands on. After all, this is MY LIFE. My health, my weight is on the line here. I can't afford any mistakes...well, not many.

There are others far more experienced and more qualified to enter the fray than I am. For now, I'll just keep a watchful eye and open mind, and keep on low carbin' my way to healthier weight and waistline.

(In case you're wondering....I'm probably transitioning to Protein Power or maybe good old Atkins. And I'm down another pound!)

Have a great day :-) And don't let the drama get ya down!



No comments: