Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome to "Living Low Carb and Lovin' It!"

Here's the first in a series of blogs that will be all about, as they say.....the journey of a thousand steps....

I discovered low carb eating oh, about 5 weeks ago. It's working so well for me that I want to share this journey with others who might be interested.

I've been keeping a daily journal on a free online program called FITDAY. Fitday is a wonderful tool to help you track everything you eat, breaking it down into calories, fat grams, carbohydrate grams, and protein grams. You can also enter your exercise or daily calorie expenditure, see reports on your progress, etc. All for free! You can also purchase a version of Fitday that will do even more for you. I highly recommend it!

I'm following a diet called Kimkins. I hit an all-time high of 200 lbs back in mid-June, and said that's enough - not acceptable! I had seen the Women's World magazine article that featured the Kimkins diet, and said, I think I will try it.

10 days and 10 lbs later, I knew I was onto something.

(For your information, that slightly silly-sounding name is what some folks on a low-carb eating forum dubbed a weightloss program loosely based on Stillman's and Atkins, developed by a lady who used the forum siggie "Kimmer").

There's a lot to learn about this new way of eating, commonly abbreviated to "WOE". I'm still learning all I can about low carb lifestyles (there are many: Atkins, South Beach, Protein Power, Kimkins, Stillman's and more). The more I learn about the low carb way of eating, and how my body reacts to the variations I throw at it, the more I will be able to share here. My hope is to help others along the way. Welcome!!

No comments: